"Some people smoke,
others drink, and others fall in love,
each one dies from a different way."
"1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."
- take a walk in the snow in your bare feet.
- light a cigarette and watch it burn; don’t smoke it.
- put on all your favorite clothes. layer them. look at the way they look on you.
- appreciate your body.
- smell your plants, even if they’re not flowers. water them, love them the way you want to be love. love them the way they want to be loved.
- remember you are one person now but there are so many people you can be.
- close your eyes and play a favorite song in your head.
- paint your nails then take the paint off. look at the bits left behind, imagine those as your problems, over time, you will scratch them off; they will disappear.
- pick a leaf off a tree, hold it, cry because you hurt it, but then remember it will forgive you, remember that you will always be forgiven.
- love yourself.
- love the freckles on your left cheek, the stretches on your toes, the scars on your wrist.
- love yourself."